Date and venue : 30th September. Sunville Banquet Halls, Worli.
Name of the Event : Healthy Living With Palm Oil
Theme : Dress up like a Bollywood Star.
The Flow of Event:
Ms. Bhavna Shah from MPOC-India addressed the team of bloggers present at the venue. A brief yet eye-opening presentation on Palm oil. Some of the talking points were eating and lifestyle changes in urban setups. How indirectly we all use the most versatile oil -Palm oil. And the health benefits of cooking with Palm oil.
This was followed by a brief introduction of Mr. Sandeep Bhan – Cheif Operating Officer of Sime Darby Oils, Part of Sime Darby Plantation. He was witty and humorous in his talk and kept the bloggers engaged in his conversation while discussing his role and goals in the company. And then the fun began with a treasure Hunt. We all were divided into teams and were handed our first clue.
Some of the highlights included
1. Blind-Folded Food Tasting Session at Barana, Atria Mall. The idea was to taste the dish and list the ingredients. It was a mint fritter, light, delicious and beautifully deep
2. A Quiz on Palm Oil at The Game,
3. Preparation of a Healthy Salad with seven ingredients including a Palm oil dressing at Lighthouse Cafe. And what I learned that Palm oil is a healthy dressing option too.
4. We also participated in a fast
And then the Bollywood Star-studded Finale, where each one of the bloggers went up on stage to enact a character with a famous dialogue. From Anjali from Kuch Kuch Hota hai to Circuit from Munnabhai MBBS, each one put their best foot forward. I had mixed feelings about attending it. But nonetheless was very proud to put up a unique act on stage. I enacted a double role Anju-Manju from Chaalbaaz.
What are the health benefits of Palm Oil in cooking that I discovered that
1. Palm Oil is bestowed with health benefits, including balanced fatty acid composition and
2. Palm oil has been used by our ancestors too. Not only for frying but in cooking too. They lead a healthy happy life. This is due to Palm oil being cholesterol-free.
3. Palm Oil is a highly versatile oil that could be substituted for hard animal fats (butter and ghee)This is perfect for baking, hence largely used in mass production of cookies, biscuits,
Final thoughts Malaysian Palm Oil Bloggers Meet
It was a super hit bloggers meet, with a great round of interaction with the PR, brand ambassadors, and other fellow bloggers. Discovered the best Health Benefits of Palm Oil too.
Hip Hip Hurray
It was a Palm Oil enriched day. 🥰 For more details about the Malaysian Palm Oil Council, please visit here
Here is my earlier Blogpost on the History of Palm Oil