8 Yoga Poses That Help You Lose Weight
Yoga is one of the best ways to lose weight by effectively burning calories. Not only does yoga help your body, but it also motivates you to make changes that lead you towards a healthier life. Here are eight weight loss yoga poses that will have you Googling “yoga center near me” right away:
- Trikonasana (Triangle Pose): Stand with your legs far wide apart, try to touch your left foot with your left hand by bending on the left side. Hold this position, switch and repeat. This asana engages all your body muscles, especially your belly muscles, and helps tone them.
- Urdhva Mukha Svanasana (Upward Dog): Lie down flat on your stomach and lift your upper body by placing your palms flat, right below your shoulders. Look up while you do this and hold still. This is an effective exercise in loosening up tight muscles and helping you lose weight.
- Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Dog): Lie down on your stomach with your arms stretched ahead of you. Slowly lift your body up with your feet and palms planted on the ground to form a mountain-like pose. Lower your head and hold. This is a great asana as it builds strength and burns calories.
- Dhanurasana (Bow Pose): Lie down flat on your stomach. Start lifting your upper body and bend your knees to lift your lower body. Hold your ankles with your hands, look up and stay in this position for a while. This is very effective in reducing belly fat by toning your abdominal muscles.
- Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose): Lie down on your stomach and slowly raise your upper body supported by your palms. Make sure your elbows are bent, and your stomach isn’t off the floor. Look upward and hold this for a few seconds. This is a powerful pose that is great at flattening your stomach.
- Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation): This is as great a weight loss exercise as it is a warm-up exercise. It incorporates a 12 step routine and is also a form of cardio that helps improve your metabolism, in turn helping you reduce weight. It helps improve posture and lose weight in all areas of the body.
- Pawanmuktasana (Wind Relieving Pose): Begin by lying down flat on your back and inhaling. Bring your knees up to your chest while you exhale and hold them there with clasped hands. Hold this position for some time and repeat. This is a great asana when it comes to improving digestion and weight loss.
- Balasana (Child’s Pose): Kneel on the floor and seat yourself on your ankles. Exhale and bend till your torso is resting on your thighs and your forehead touches the floor. Stretch your arms ahead and hold this position. This increases body flexibility, gets rid of strain in the muscles and helps lose weight.
Learn the above-mentioned Yoga Poses That Help You Lose Weight and more from Cult.fit trained professionals. Their “yoga center near me” section will teach you more about the benefits of yoga. You can have not only one but two free trial sessions to make a decision. This is a great opportunity, so Google “yoga center near me” and get started at your nearest Cult.fit yoga center!